Heather DeLuca - 95.1 WAYV

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday Night Slump

Well Hello all! Its Heather and its Sunday night. I've been sitting here watching football for about 30 hours so I figured I would check out this "blogging" phenomenon in between my obsessive sessions of an online game called "BEDAZZLED" (to which I am HIGHLY addicted, its a problem). So I will be honest and show my age all at once by saying I actually just found out a few days ago what this blogging thing is all about. Everyone would ask if I "blog" and I would politely say yes and try to figure out what they were talking about. "Blogging". Kind of an online diary for all the world to see right? A bit voyeristic if you ask me but in this age of the information superhighway who am I to shun technology.

So here I am--my first blog. It'll have to be about my weekend I suppose. Well, tis the season so the weekend commensed in much shopping! So much for my deadline of Black Friday. Boys are SO HARD to shop for. If you are a woman reading this then you can sympathize. If you are a man, HELP A GIRL OUT WILL YA??!!! LOL. A shoulder shrug and uninterested "I don't know" isn't the response we're looking for when we ask what tops your gift list this year.

SUNDAY NIGHT--just a reminder that the weekend has yet again flown by too fast. Its just a day racing to get last minute laundry finished for the work week, take out food, and trying to get my boyfriend to knock off the Fantasy Football nonsense for 5 minutes. LOL. "Manic Monday"? No, "Manic Sunday" for me. I will go to bed tonight remembering that I forgot to plan my lunch for tomorrow and figure out an ensemble ahead of time so I don't run out of the house in my slippers again. I'll admit thats happened more than once.

I should probably include something fun in this maiden blog of mine. So I will toss out a few things that are entertaining me as of late (complete with a 1-4 star rating system):

Book: Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
*** so far (got about 30 pages to go), but Candace is the mastermind behind Sex and The City, plus NBC is turning it into a TV show for next fall

Movie: The Polar Express directed by Robert Zmeckis
**** enthusiastically! Whether its IMAX or in the comfort of your own home its a must for the holiday season. My fave is the "Hot Chocolate Song"

CD: Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey
****Its been re-released with 2 new songs and a DVD of corresponding videos (some animated). Yes Mariah is certifiable since her breakdown but the gal was still making great tunes in 1994.

TV: Grey's Anatomy (Sundays ABC)
**** Hands down THE BEST SHOW ON TV right now. Great writing, great acting--funny, sad, dramatic and original. Two reasons to watch? Patrick Dempsey DUH!

Thats the blog! Enjoy! Till we meet again, TTYL
Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home