Heather DeLuca - 95.1 WAYV

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

BIKINI BOOTCAMP...ALREADY???

Hey there, I have returned. I've been a bit pre-occupied and fried thanks to the stress of the holiday season. Fa-la-la-la-la! Ready for Christmas? NO? Still have shopping, baking, wrapping, trimming, cooking, and driving to do? EXACTLY! So you can imagine my surprise (the kind that literally stops you in your tracks) when I rolled into Target the other day and the first thing in my sightline was the SWIMSUIT DISPLAY! And, no, not the 75% off clearance rack of skivvies leftover from the summer of '05, but the real things brand new and fully priced. WHY????

It's not that I don't look FORWARD to summertime, I am a beach bunny like any other South Jersey girl. But I am not ready (4 days before Christmas) to even fathom the prospect of shopping for a swimsuit. I consider myself quite obsessed with fashion and I do like to keep up on upcoming trend forecasts, but we only officially reach winter tomorrow. Retail stores BARELY give you time to enjoy the pending holidays before they usher the next one in. Before you know it Halloween, Valentine, and Christmas decorations will be available in every department and discount store year round. The world is a in-a-hurry place as it is so I am putting down my foot! This is my declaration:

I WILL NOT SHOP FOR HALLOWEEN CANDY BEFORE THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.

I WILL NOT CONSIDER THANKSGIVING MENUS BEFORE THE HALLOWEEN CANDY IS GONE.

I WILL NOT BEGIN BIKINI BOOTCAMP WHEN THERE ARE STILL XMAS COOKIES TO BE EATEN.

I WILL NOT CHOOSE A VALENTINE UNTIL DECEMBER 26TH.

I WILL NOT TRACK DOWN THE EASTER BUNNY BEFORE MY VALENTINE FLOWERS WILT.

That's all I have to say about that.

xoxo, HD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home