Heather DeLuca - 95.1 WAYV

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Resolution Revolution

Welcome one and all to 2006. A new year, a chance to right the wrongs. On January 1st of every new year there is one word on almost everyone's lips--RESOLUTION.

We all have a string of them--some achieved, most left to linger. The old stand-bys still hold true. To quit smoking, lose weight, save money, get motivated, yadda yadda yadda. My resolutions (and I need to start with just 2 since its rare that I ever finish what I start) are 1. To put an end to my tardiness. 2. To clean up after my disorganized self. Simple right? Well just as many others fail to stick to a diet or stay away from nicotine, I'm not doing so well.

It's January 8th. One week into the new year and instead of tending to the loads of laundry collecting dust or sorting out that pesky junk drawer in the kitchen I am sitting on my lazy tush watching football. I can't seem to bargain with myself a good enough reason to do something--anything. Christmas presents still linger close to where the tree USED to be. Stacks of outdated magazines are still piled high on a bookshelf. Bags of summer close still wait to be stowed away. I just can't seem to keep the old adage "don't put off till tomorrow that which can be done today" fresh in my mind. I am my own worst enemy.

The alarm clock continues to be my arch enemy as well. AAHHH the SNOOZE button. Is there anything MORE convenient in this world? Convenience isn't the word to describe my overuse of snooze--ABUSE would be more the word. I have such good intentions. I believe that at 30 years old I should be mature enough to force myself to get up when the alarm goes off the FIRST time. Who else is going to do it for me? No one. I've even tried putting the alarm clock across the room so that I have no choice but to pull myself out of bed the cease the annoying beeping. No luck. My bed calls my name like the Sirens to Odysseus. The only thing I was ever early for was my birth. I am notoriously late no matter WHERE I am going. I would love to save myself the stress of rushing around all the time. Its like my body just rejects the notion of not waiting till the last minute to do everything. Do I just have to face that I am ill-prepared and get used to it?

New Year's resolutions just add up to one thing--pressure. Life is tough enough without having to worry about living up the one's own expectations. I will continue to try but something tell's me I will be sleeping in tomorrow and have nothing to wear. Any ideas on how to stick with the program? Shoot. I am all ears.

TTYL! Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home