Heather DeLuca - 95.1 WAYV

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Top of the Muffin' to ya!

So, I spent MY sunday morning in over my head. Somehow I thought it was a good idea that I, me, Miss Messy, the Queen of Disorganization, host what was originally to be a Pre-Valentine's "girls only" brunch (thanks to the snow storm on Feb. 12th I had to put all plan on hold until today). I pulled it off by the skin of my teeth and just softened my dishpan hands with some lotion after cleaning the disaster-area of a kitchen I left behind.

Now that I am relaxing I did what I always do when I'm alone. Don't EVEN go there guys its soooo NOT what you're thinking. :P I turned on the Style Network. Yes, I am addicted and something tells me I am not the only woman you know who is. Well the program of choice today is "Glamour Magazines 50 Fashion Do's and Dont's". Somewhere around the #20 mark I discovered the "Muffin Top". No it isn't Elaine of Seinfeld's great idea of the perfect breakfast treat. Apparently it is now a fashion faux pas. Muffin Top is when you put on a pair of pants with a waistline you've long outgrown and lovehandles, back fat, and beer belly come spilling over. Now I understand the concept of Muffin Top. I've been there, chances are you have also. But what I want to know is WHO comes up with these terms? Who looks at someone and just is genious enough to say" wow, she/he is sporting Muffin Top"?

I guess I am just jealous I didn't think of it first. All I can do is warn you. Watch out for the Muffin Top just as you would watch out for VPL's (visible panty lines) and other wardrobe malfunctions.

TTYL, Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home