Heather DeLuca - 95.1 WAYV

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

DaVinci Dilemma

Say it isn't so. I am THIS CLOSE to the opening of the most anticipated movie of my life--The DaVinci Code. Yes, I am one of the millions of rabid Dan Brown fans counting the days until the release of the major motion picture version of his novel. In my opinion The DaVinci Code is a revolutionary work of fiction, one of the best of the 21st century if not ALL TIME. The whirlwind story of Robert Langdon, Sophie Nouveau, and the more believable (than Indiana Jones) quest to find the truth behind the Holy Grail is gripping and adventurous and worthy of many nights of lost sleep to continue reading.

May 19th is the scheduled release date. Ron Howard is the very capable director. The film stars Tom Hanks as Langdon, and although I myself had pictured Harrison Ford in the role I think Tom is an adequate fit. It's an all-star line up in fact including Paul Bettany and Alfred Molina. Anyone who knows me knows my obsession with Dan Brown and all his novels. And anyone who knows me knows I have been saying for months (since I found out the rights to the book had been sold for movie production) "Please let me live long enough, not to have children or get married or see the world, but to see The DaVinci Code put into celluloid form. I just cannot wait. It's like a kid looking forward to Christmas for the first time.

Now comes the news that Dan Brown had to appear in a London court yesterday on charges he plagerized much of the facts in The DaVinci Code from another non-fiction work called Holy Blood, Holy Grail. This debacle is now threatening the movie release. The writers of Holy Blood, Holy Grail are seeking an injuction to stop producer Brian Grazer from sending the film public until the end of the trial. If it were safe and if I felt comfortable typing out numerous explatives right now I would. But I am a lady. Instead I will just say my world has CRASHED, CRASSHHEEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am overdramatic but its how I feel.

If I have to wait until next November to see this movie I will simply die of anticipation. Die. However, it leaves the film in a much better position for Oscar season. Keep me in your thoughts, thanks. Boo Hoo.

TTYL, Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home