Heather DeLuca - 95.1 WAYV

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Between the 2--Who?

American Idol season 7 show down is set. It's the Battle of the Davids--teen crooner Archiletta vs. moody rocker Cook. I'd like to say its a lock for either to take the title, but truth is it could come to meer votes considering each contestants fan base. Dave A. will win the teen vote along with the grandmas of America and probably a huge theater sector. David C. will score the votes of those seeking a TRUE American Idol. Someone who's future tunes would instantly fit into the Top 40 radio market. In my opinion David Archiletta just doesn't hit on all levels. And his svengali papa has been a headache for producers just on the show, can you imagine the hold he'd try to have over album creation? It would be like recording studio martial law. Overall, this AI season was the most diverse talent-wise than in the past few years. So in that respect I feel the 2 Dave's are evenly matched. What I can only hope for is that the original tune usually reserved for the final crowning isn't some sappy "my dreams are coming true" mellowdramatic ballad. Isn't knowing someone's dream is coming true a foregone conclusion? The whole theme of the show to begin with? In any case it looks like I'll finally take my first WAYV American Idol Challenge crown after several attempts. I'm not too many points ahead--just enough to ensure victory next week no matter who becomes the next Idol.

TTYL, HD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home